Ambiguous Question

Discussion in 'A+' started by Arroryn, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Good evening, one and all :)

In my latest training provider assignment (please people, no booing...or hissing) I have been asked a question referring to POST error codes. It wants to know what error would be indicated by an error beginning with a '1'.

First, am I to assume that they are referring to IBM general POST error codes? I hope so.

But then there is 100-199 - System Board errors. Then 1700-1799 - Hard Drive and/or Adapter issues.

The answer is multiple choice, with system boards, hard drives and the CPU being specified, amongst others.

Because the hard drive error refers to the adaptor, and other errors beginning with '1' occasionally refer to ports also, am I to infer that the answer they're looking for is system board?

Please help. I think I'm starting to confuse myself. :blink

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

when it comes to the A+ Comptia expect you to know the basics such as mobo, memory, graphics card etc so i wouldn't worry to much. Take a look here for all you wanted to know about POST codes and more!

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)