Am i ready for exam 70-271?

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Davidh1819, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Davidh1819

Davidh1819 Nibble Poster

Hi everyone I’m rather confused as to where I stand in my knowledge for 70-271
    My practice exams are as follows
    In the back of the MS Press Book I get around 80-90% correct
    For the objective reviews on the CD With the book I get around 80-90% correct

However
    On the CD in certification mode in get around 55% correct
    On the Trancender Practise tests I get around 60% correct

Can anyone give me advice knowing these results I plan the book the exam for a month time :)

Any help much appreciated
    :)

Certifications: A+ N+ MCP MCDST MCTS MCITP
  2. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

Probably not

Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job
  3. Gibby

Gibby Bit Poster

some more studying / practise needed by the sounds of it.

Certifications: NT4 MCSE
    WIP: MCSA, MCSE
  4. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

I'd say you'd be ready in a months time if you put the effort in. You obviously have some strong areas so focus on the subjects that are lowering your scores. Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  5. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

I find the Transcenders practice exams to be harder than the official ones, and I'm usually not alone when I ask others about this too...

Back when I was doing my MCSE, the training center had a deal with Transcenders, and our grades in the real exams were easily 15% higher than in the mocks.

I think another month to go through the book a second time AND re-reading the material on Microsoft's website pertaining to this exam (so you know which things you still need to find extra advice on via bing/google and other searches) should be good enough to get you a pass.

Ah, I still recall when you needed just 600 points to pass (roughly 60%). I think it's been 700 points for all of my recent exams (guess I should dig out those papers again).

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  6. Davidh1819

Davidh1819 Nibble Poster

I don't understand why the question in the ms press book where it says "preparing for the exam" are easy in comparison to the CD? also i rang microsoft and they said the second shot free offer is no longer :(

cheers for the help guys

7. Davidh1819

Davidh1819 Nibble Poster

Im Booking the Exam for the 3rd of october just got 71% on a trancender test :)

8. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

yep second shot has been cancelled. Good luck on the exam.

When I did it I found the actual exam easier than the book or CD but I found the 70-272 harder for some strange reason but I had second shot on my side then.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  9. crazy horse

crazy horse Byte Poster

Hi David,

Good luck with the exam, I have just booked mine too (end of oct). How do you find the transcender exams? I haven't bought them yet, just been using the MS press books, the cd and the exam cram books.

Have you used anything else?

10. Davidh1819

Davidh1819 Nibble Poster

Nope Only used Tranceder and MS press i find the trancender practise tests to be very useful better than the MS press CDs but the trancender PDF study guide is very basic only 130 pages and dosent cover much at all apart from MS press and transceder im using nothing else..

so how are you getting on with the pracise test test with MS Press CD?

Good luck for the exam!

11. crazy horse

crazy horse Byte Poster

I've spent a lot of time going through the book, mainly on the access and hardware chapters. I'm a tad worried that I have learn't the questions on the MS practice test so I haven't done them for a while.

I think buying the transcender tests will be my next step so I can give myself a bit more of a test before the exam. Luckily it isn't until the end of Oct so still got a bit of time still for revision!!

Have you looked at the 70-272?

12. Davidh1819

Davidh1819 Nibble Poster

70-272 is out the question until i have passed 70-271 i only focus on 1 exam at a time i dont think streching it out over 2 is a good idea

about practise tests i simply do not review the questions there for i dont know the answers to them and see if i get better score in a week or so however i will definatley review the answers to all my MS press and Trancender exams a week befor the exam