Am i ready? :confused3

Discussion in 'A+' started by dino66uk, Jul 25, 2009.

1. dino66uk

dino66uk Nibble Poster

I have passed A+ 601, and got 602 IT Technician in under a week.

I think the 602 is considerably harder than the 601 in my opinion. As i dont have much hands on experience.
    Ive got the Boson Exam Simulator and done the Three 90 question exams all for the first time:
    Exam A: 670 75%
    Exam B: 660 74%
    Exam C: 640 71%

However having marginally failed on the 3 Exams when i retake these exams i will be achieving much better scoring as i know where i went wrong on the incorrect answers. Does this still ensure i will be ready for the exam??

Ive got four FULL days of studying with all the right materials ( Books,Videos,Practice Exams).
    Please give me your opinions on this.

Certifications: A+ CCENT
    WIP: ICND 2
  2. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

You should already know where your weak areas are after taking those 3 exams. Concentrate on those.
    In my actual exam I would have scored at most 88% using the same scoring method as Boson (questions all have equal weighting) but in the actual exam I scored 93% of the available marks. I found the Boson exams to be slightly harder than the real thing. Also bear in mind that it's an 800 point spread so the pass mark is 75% of available marks.
    Taking all that into account, I think your marginal fails on the practice exams would probably translate into passes in the real thing, if you keep your cool during the exam.
    You can reschedule your exam if you give them more than 24 hours notice if you feel you need more time.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Concentrate on your weak areas.

Taking practice exams over and over and over again can help solidify concepts in your head... but it can also cause you to subconsciously memorize Boson's answers, artificially increasing your score. So taking exams over and over again won't give you a good indication of whether you are scoring well enough to pass the live exam.

Best advice I can give is to read EVERY explanation in the Boson product - even the ones you answered correctly. Know why the right answer is right AND why the wrong answers are wrong. After all, you won't get those exact questions on the exam... but you'll likely get questions that cover those concepts.

Best of luck on the exam, and I hope our product has been useful for you. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!