Am i likely to get a job with A+ and N+?

Discussion in 'Network+' started by zr79, Jun 16, 2009.

1. zr79

zr79 Byte Poster

So i have my A+ and might soon be doing the N+. The N+ should take about 6 weeks to do and hopefully the exams will be booked for the end of the course. So after a bit of digging these 2 certs, without indutry expereince, still don't seem to hold any weght. In fact even a CCNA without any experience doesn't hod any weight. What do you think, would it be a case of talking your self into a job?

Certifications: A+
  2. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

If i were in your position i would continue with my studies and do everything possible to pass them quickly as possible, the lack of real world experience is a problem, however thats why you have to learn to market the skills you learn through study, your customer service/people skills and your analytical skills at interview and on your CV, this will likely make people think twice at discarding your application due to experience levels.

And yes the CCNA is definiately not an entry level/no experience cert, I worked for a network equipment reseller for 3 years and the experience of sorting switches there, and the labs i did at home did more for me than mere study, so I would recommend at most the CCENT just so you learn the fundamentals.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

On the contrary, the A+ and Network+ are designed for people with little-to-no industry experience. However, I will agree that a CCNA without any experience doesn't hold any weight.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

With A+/Net+ you might be able to land a 1st level help desk role and work your way up.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

The A+ and N+ do hold weight but as you have said the CCNA requires CISCO experience.

The A+ and N+ couple with the MCDST will most certainly get you a job in 1st line support or as a trainee tech/ field service tech.

I got my second job (system building) just because I had the A+ and was studying the N+.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?