Am i dreaming????????????

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by kat731, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Are you telling me a job in IT won't earn me enough to retire at 40?:blink

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

no, i dont! Seriously, i believe we are going to work until the end. It is hard enough to pay a mortgage/rent and live. Now, the Government are telling us we aren't saving enough to put our kids through Uni.....

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Make sure you wear that wee strap that helps with electrical charges after all you are A+

Good luck!

4. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Hey I an putting myself through Uni so can she (aged 4 and starts school this week)

5. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Hey. nice one Kat.

There are a few of "us" that alreadywork in schools, so if you have any problems, just shout.

You will quickly find that Simon is NOT joking.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  6. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Congratulations!

Almost took on a role at a school for blind kids a year or so ago, but they ended up promoting someone inhouse. I was looking forward to it as well - I reckon I'll probably end up network manager in a school at some point.

Don't forget, security-wise you've got 1,000 potential hackers out there, all trying to circumvent your proxies to get on MySpace!

Oh - and everyone moaning about how much it costs to live here in the UK and how we aren't saving enough to oput our kids through uni - how do you manage it with kids at all? I haven't got any kids - and don't want any - and me and my wife have a decent combined income, with a small mortgage and STILL don't exactly live like hogs on the fat farm...

That said, we will probably be mortgage free in five years and have no debts - so maybe I WILL be able to retire at 45 :D

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  7. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

Thanks all,
    Zeb... yeh Myspace..Lol.. Actually, my 16yr old nephew has just finished at the same school im starting at.. Saw him last night and he said that he would tell me what him and his mates did to get round the school security as it would make me look like a hero!!! Teenagers.. so funny..

Kat

Certifications: BA (Hons), A+
    WIP: 70-685 77-884
  8. bloomfieldliam

bloomfieldliam Bit Poster

What a great story Kat, well done, you may not have realised cos your being modest but you worked hard so rightly you should get some breaks.

Enjoy!

Liam

Certifications: A+, MCP XP, MA in IT, ECDL
  9. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Bet you a pound to a penny they've been using a remote proxy to get round the filters. When i started at my current place they had a problem with that - one implementation of SurfControl and (at the last count) 43 warnings custom created under a rule for Remote Proxy access later - warning of the sack for breaching the AUP - hey presto - no more problem! :twisted:

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  10. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

How are the kid's managing to configure the browser for another proxy? Surely, the config page is disabled via GPO?

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  11. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

There are websites out there that act as proxies, all they have to do is find them. You're not actually changing any configs, all you're doing is browsing to a website that isn't banned and then using it as a proxy.

Simple, yet quite clever really!

Guess which phrase I filter out? I'll give you a clue, it starts with a P. 8)