Almost one of those days!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by JohnBradbury, Jan 31, 2008.

1. JohnBradbury

JohnBradbury Kilobyte Poster

Okay so I had an interview today which I was pretty happy about. Unfortunately my morning wasn't going well and I had a bad feeling about the rest of my day.

Sadly things did get worse. First they cancelled my train, which in turn made me miss my bus and turn up 20 minutes late. I'd phoned ahead to warn them but was more than a little embarrassed.

Then things turned around. I had a great interview (2hrs 10 minutes) during which I seemed to make a good impression on the manager. Once the interview was over the manager even offered to give me a lift to the train station so I didn't have to wait for the bus.

Hopefully I'll be invited back for the technical interview :biggrin

2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Sorry the day started lousy, but it sounds like it ended up great. Good luck on the job.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Its a positive sign when an interviewer gives you a lift home, I had that once for a job after I left uni and I got the job.

I'll keep my finger crossed for you :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

These things do happen but at least it some what had a good ending. Cheerio and I wish you well for the final outcome.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  5. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

LOL - I had a similar experience two years ago when i interviewed for my last job. Had planned to be there at four but got called to a client site at 1 with (what i thought) would be a small issue. Ended up stuck in the middle of an Exchange recovery! In the end I kicked it off and left it running - I was an hour late and was convinced they would tell me to do one. Luckily the three tools they'd had in before me were useless and my soon-to-be manager asked me one question which I answered correctly - he stopped me halfway through the answer and invited me back the next day. Right there and then I walked away with a better feeling!

Just goes to show that you should never count yourself out of a job without actually giving your best shot at it.

Glad it worked out for you - good luck on the second interview (if you get to it) :biggrin

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em