Afterlife stuff

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zxspectrum, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

They are in a cage

I will dig out my bible and have a look tomorrow, I must have missed this.

And just for the record and I have said this previously I am not wishing to offend anyone, infact I find belief systems/religions fascinating and also why people believe in them, I just don't believe in them.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I don't justify anything about creation. I cannot, because it's unprovable. The only thing I can offer is that I know how incredibly complex and ordered and logical the universe and life is, and I believe that it is highly unlikely that it just "happened".

I'm always puzzled as to people who have no idea about science are quick to want to justify how scientific things came about. :D

Thanks for this, Onoski. :)

Yep, that's me too. I don't do nearly enough that he DOES want me to do. Not sure anyone can.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Sounds good to me, I think in time and an open mind God can help change your whole perspective, remember Saul in the Bible before he's name was changed to Paul:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  4. greenbrucelee

Be saved from what, dying?

5. greenbrucelee

no I think the last time I read the bible was when the gideons came to my school when I was 13

6. BosonMichael

ding ding ding! winnar!

I can only assume that the cubits-to-feet conversion was done correctly... if so, here are the dimensions:

"This is how you are to build it: The ark is to be 450 feet long, 75 feet wide and 45 feet high." --Genesis 6:15

The original measurements were in cubits... 300 cubits long, 50 cubits wide and 30 cubits high (about 140 meters long, 23 meters wide and 13.5 meters high). There is some debate as to whether the cubits are supposed to be Egyptian cubits or Hebrew cubits, as Moses (who wrote Genesis) was educated in Egypt.

The ark had three decks - lower, middle, and upper.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  7. BosonMichael

Saved from the punishment for our sin that we all deserve.

8. BosonMichael

It's a pretty long story, and one likely to receive all sorts of ridicule and scoffing in the thread from some of these guys. I'm interested in telling you without distractions, either in PM, IM, e-mail, or phone. IM would probably be easiest. If you've got the time tomorrow or this weekend, I'll make the time for you, my friend.

9. greenbrucelee

Must have been pretty cramped for them all.

10. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

From facing the wrath of God for refusing to accept Jesus christ he's son whom he sent as a sacrificial lamb for the sins of humanity. The blood shed is what gives us redemption through confessing that he is Lord and believing as well as turning away from living out own way called disobedience. John 3:16 in the bible.

Ultimately being saved incorporates escaping everlasting condemption in hell fire. The bible states that those who do not accept Jesus christ are going to this place after death. The truth is this would take a revelation from God through he's holy spirit and searching the bible for anyone to accept this profound truth.

I was not born a christian nor did I grow up in a christian home, just decided over 8yrs ago that what have I got to loose.

After all the fact that would always remain is that one day we'd all die, what really can one loose? Best wishes.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  11. m3lt

m3lt Byte Poster

A christian Mujahideen. :ohmy:blink

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+, MCDST/MCSE
  12. greenbrucelee

yeah whatever way you would want. Email might be best as I am still running around after my mum after her car crash.

I wouldn't ridicule you it's something I would be interested to find out. I have asked people this before when they have told me they had a relationship with christ but they never explained how they did or how it came to be.

Like I said this stuff fascinates me it is just something that I don't beleive but would like to know why others do.

13. BosonMichael

Maybe. I dunno. Somewhere on the net, there's an idea of how it might have been accomplished, but again, should this early-Genesis story be accepted as literal or as figurative? Was the flood really worldwide or was it over an extremely large region? Hard to say. Either way, I don't believe knowing the answer to that is really relevant to whether one should believe or not.

14. greenbrucelee

I do believe in Jesus his existence has been proven, it's the rest of it I have a hard time believing.

15. BosonMichael

Eh? How do you get that? I have no interest in a jihad.

Besides, "mujahideen" is plural. The singular is "mujahid".

16. BosonMichael

His existence isn't the part that needs to be believed. After all, there are plenty of good men to have existed.

That said... it's a good start! :)

17. BosonMichael

E-mail doesn't give you the opportunity to ask quick questions throughout - that's often important to someone who has a ton of questions. But I will do that if there's no other way. Or, just let me know when you have some time. :) I'm on GChat, by the way.

18. m3lt

m3lt Byte Poster

I know its on purpose because he is everywhere, even inside you so I had to count him too. :p:oops:

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+, MCDST/MCSE
  19. BosonMichael

I have no idea what you're on about; I'm one person.

20. greenbrucelee

I haven't got google chat but I could sign up, I am actually free from about 5pm Friday for the rest of the day. I think your a few hours behind the UK though so you may be at work.