Aequs Study Finance (Home Learning College)

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by beckyt70, Dec 17, 2007.

1. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Only trouble is legit claim or not these debt companies can still ruin your life and your credit rating. So best to avoid them from the get go, which is why I always advise not going into debt with a private training company.

2. logic0104

logic0104 New Member

yea I know what your saying and they cause an headach but to give you a ccj they must first present it to a court and also ask for the original Consumer credit aggreement , if they cant provide then there is no case....

3. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

A CCJ is the worst thing they can do to your credit rating of course.

However they can also put all sorts of black marks on your credit file for all sorts of reasons. Its a private database credit companies share, they can put anything on it they want, they don't need a court or a judge.

They can give you a bad credit rating just for late or missed payments for instance, and refusing to pay for a long period, which is what you are advocating, is likely to seriously damage your credit rating unless you can take them to court to have it cleared.

So in the future your mortgage could end up costing £1000's more because you stiffed a training company...

Just avoid the whole situation by not taking credit for training, simples.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  4. logic0104

logic0104 New Member

yes agreed steer clear of study finance my case is still on going and have asked the debt collection agency to take me to court, my case has been ongoing for over seven years and last year I got my credit report and guess what there was no mention of this debt. and i pride myself on my credit rating. its ecxellent and to all it matters Home learn Direct / college / Aequs study finance went int insolvency in 2007 and where all part of the same holdings company under the same director as it seems that a number of students they failed including myself issued proceedings against them..... but they still had the cheek to sell on my so called debt. it all got a bit embarrising for the government too as they endorsed this company and paid them to give students on benefits courses for free..... no one got a qualification... welcome to rip off britain where maggie thatchers free and open market just opened the doors to thiefs cheats liars and conmen all endorsed by our illustrious leaders and so called guardians...... :evil: