Advices on which IT certificate to choose

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by miriade, Jan 12, 2018.

1. miriade

miriade New Member

Hi all, sorry to post here, but I couldn't find other appropriate area where to post. Please admin be free to move where adequate.
    I have just completed my degree in Computer Programming this year. I would like to know which IT certification you suggest is best to do at the moment, especially from the job point of view.
    I was taking a look at MCSA SQL 2016. What do you think about it?
    Which of three options do you recommend?
    Is there more better certification than SQL?

Thanks in advance.

2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

What area are you looking to get into? your degree should be sufficient enough to land a job.. obviously getting certs cant hurt, but if you have a degree I see no reason why you shouldn't already be applying. MCSA SQL would be a decent choice I don't think you can get better..

3. miriade

miriade New Member

Thanks, but which one the following three are more in demand:

-SQL 2016 Database Development certification;
    - SQL 2016 Database Administration certification;
    - SQL 2016 Business Intelligence Development certification.

4. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I think thats going to be a case of you researching using Google.. Not sure if we have anyone here who is knowledgable of the state SQL job prerequisites, @dmarsh maybe able to help so you may want to do abit of research and any specific questions you may have after doing this, ask him and see what he says. Id start by simply typing in SQL in job sites and having alook at the most comonly listed cert.

5. FlashDangerpants

FlashDangerpants Byte Poster

Two of those options are for special purposes. So by default, you would want to start with the middle one.

Certifications: MCITP Exchange 2010, MCSA Svr 2012
    WIP: Exchange 2013
  6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

SQL 2016 Database Administration certification looks good.

I always get landed with the SQL migrations at work so may have a look at this myself. :)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs