Advice - Possible Interview - BUPA

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by PaulC, Jan 8, 2007.

1. PaulC

PaulC Nibble Poster

Hi All

I've possibly got an interview next week for BUPA (the medical firm) for there IT centre. It appears to be, going off the job spec and the recruiter info, a 1st line helpdesk role but also 2nd line and also some 3rd line as well. So it covers all bases.

My next career move needs to be correct. Though I like where I work at the moment, it's dead end. It's a similar role, but without and 3rd line at all. Basically servicedesk 1st/2nd line combined. They have no 3rd line roles to move into unless I want to move to the other end of the country!

Has anyone ever had any experience of BUPA and what they're like? Both as an employeer and the possibilities for the job?

Certifications: MCDST;MCSA: Messaging;MCSE
    WIP: CCENT
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Paul,

Sometimes when you have exhausted all avenues it is a good idea to move on - make sure you explain this when you do leave your current employer.

I don't know anyone who has worked for Bupa, so can't really comment on the working conditions although I would guess are respectible.
    Will you be employed by Bupa, or a contractor to them?

Best of luck

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. PaulC

PaulC Nibble Poster

I believe it'll be employed by them. I should find out about an interview today.

I've got lots of questions for them to make sure it's the right move, if the job is a clone of what I do now, even though it pays £3500 more, then I'll stay where I'm happy for the time being. If it will allow me to fill in gaps in my knowledge and I was offered it then i'll move.

I'm hoping to have my MCSA in around 6 months, and I'm hoping once I get that it'll open up some new avenues anyway, so this move needs to be right move and not a 'I'll be looking to move again in another 12 months' move.

Certifications: MCDST;MCSA: Messaging;MCSE
    WIP: CCENT