Advice please on Computrain

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by IvybridgeIT, Aug 14, 2009.

1. deedewdrop

deedewdrop New Member

please read the financial ,loan paper that you sign. if there is only the bank name and urs in it and in no way the training people name is mentioned then they will never pay ur money off in the end.
    ask them to include their paying details conditions on the SAME sheet itself.....

2. denton_1977

denton_1977 New Member

Hello i am a) new here and b) really confused to say the least....
    I also have been offered a position with this company, now it's gonna cost me £2600 for database administrator course, i have a love of computers that i dabble in, i upgrade / downgrade build, maintain etc for friends and family, i have no qualifications, and have recently been made reduntant through an injury at work and on benefits.I have been to the jo centre and told its not worth me doing any form of training as i will be off work for a long time and so approached local colleges who told me i was too old to learn the courses and would first need to do a years access to higher education course before doing any computer courses, i'm getting really narked with having doors slammed in my face everywhere i go.Looking through this thread and others i have come across people recommending self study courses as it's far cheaper, my question therefore is how would i go about doing this, are there funding options for this and how would i know what/where i need to go (training/module wise).

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum but any help woulod be appreciated.

Thanks

Neale

3. BigG

BigG Nibble Poster

Take a look around the site - it's very useful.

The people telling you not to study are idiots and dragging you down. Here's what I would do in your shoes - start self studying for the CompTIA A+ qualification. That will give you an idea of whether IT is for you. You can study and do the exams when you feel like it.

G

Certifications: BSc, Prince2 Practitioner, MCSA Win7, MCSA 2008
    WIP: Vmware, ITILv3 on the back burner
  4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Important distinction.

You haven't been 'offered a position with this company'.
    They have sold you/tried to sell you a course which you will have to pay for.

As we've covered before here, they will dress it up to make it look as if it's them doing you the favour, but it's just sales babble.

:biggrin

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

No legit company is gonna hire you and then force you to pay for a £2600 course. That's an instant red flag in my mind.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!