advice on web developer course

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by chizar, Aug 17, 2011.

1. chizar

chizar New Member

Hi every one,

I just finished my Hnd in computing and i'm opting to do a course on web development, so I contacted the NITLC.
    Now the money is just too much or better still, is it possible for me to self study and buy the materials that i need? If possible, how do i register for the exams and get the necessary certificates?.:rolleyes:

I am no IT person and i sincerely need this qualification, and the price is mind blowing and i'm not too sure if its worth cos most of them could be doggy from my friends experience.

Thank you for reply in advance,
    Chizar

2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Depends what you mean by 'web developer' - I guess that's a CIW bundle.
    Generally the answer is yes, anything you can get from a training provider you can get elsewhere at a fraction of the cost. If a TP actually lived up to it's promises of support and guidance then they may be worth considering, unfortunately, most of them don't.

The only issue you may find with CIW is that they are one of the few exceptions whereby they only make their official training material available through TPs, at least in the UK. So you may find it hard to come by. Try Ebay and the like.

That said, CIW certifications are not difficult, and providing you pick up a fairly basic grounding in the subjects covered (which you can see on the CIW website Certified Internet Web Professional | Standards for Success) then you shouldn't have a problem getting the certs.

Why is that? It won't necessarily make you more employable unless you can actually build decent websites.

Woof. :biggrin

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD