Advice on self study

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by pete1, Sep 2, 2008.

1. pete1

pete1 Bit Poster

i am about to start self study for comptia A+ then network+ and was wondering if there was any advice anyone could give me to help with the stuying ie how much a day,what time scale is regarded reasonable time to complete them.

Certifications: ECDL
  2. Naive

Naive Byte Poster

Good evening Pete :D

I personally would recommend about 45mins to an hour a day, I think this is a reasonable time for the information to soak in and if you study too much, your brain will eventually switch off :twisted:

If you have the time to put in an hour a day I'd personally say 3months is a reasonable timescale. But understand that this can vary dependant on how quick you learn things, amongst other factors. I'd advise you to start taking practice exams after you feel that you have finished studying and if you're hitting above 90% then book yourself in the exam! :D

Also If you are feeling a bit hesitant as to wether or not you are confident enough to take the exam, book the exam and study accordingly, that'll motivate you!

Hope that helps a bit. :thumbleft

WIP: MCDST
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

don't over study this can be worse than studying too little as you will burn yourself out, this is what I did although I passed but I got confused on some questions in the essentials exam.

I did around 2 sessions of an hour every day sometimes I only did one, depending on my work hours.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. pete1

pete1 Bit Poster

thanks for the advice. was looking to do about an hour a day so it looks like i was on the right line.

thanks agani pete1

Certifications: ECDL