Advice for Study Courses

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by michael.omahoney, Sep 20, 2008.

1. michael.omahoney

michael.omahoney New Member

:rolleyes:

Hi
    My first post, and I hope there is someone who can give me some advice on IT courses. I have just finished a level 2 ITQ (NVQ - Essential IT Skills for Work) and would like to do something more, possibly an MCSA or a Cisco course.
    If any of you have done an MCSA, could you give me an idea of what the course entails, and what the job market is like for MCSA graduates.
    Mike

Certifications: ITQ Level2 Essential IT Skills for Work
    WIP: Possibly a MCSA
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I've done the MCSA... but I've never taken a course.

With or without relevant real-world IT experience? Without experience, there's not really a market. Employers won't give you a job administering servers (an MCSA-level job) with certifications alone. Microsoft recommends 6 months of server admin experience before pursuing the MCSA.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

Congrats on finishing the iTQ 2.

Without experience, I recommend that you look at the MCDST first of all on the Microsoft route of certifications. If you're looking for something more, have you taken a look at the iTQ 3? Depends on where you do it, you may find a centre that integrates the ACA or the CCENT program in it.

Like BM already stated:

As for what's on the MCSA, see here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Hello and welcome to the forums! :)

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  5. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  6. madskillz

madskillz Nibble Poster

Welcome :D

Certifications: MCSA, MCDST, ITIL v3 F
    WIP: 70-293