Advent Training Problems

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by ITConsumerResearch, Jan 21, 2010.

1. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

That's the problem with Google Ads.
    It doesn't know we're slagging them off, it just knows we're talking about them. 8)

Apparently they're going to fix it in v2.1 and the engine will recognise disgruntled customers. Then, companies can pay to put ads from their competitors on those sites and Google can make even more money.

Oh, and he's gone know.
    As with most visitors who are on a personal quest for justice and vengeance which will consume their every waking hour with firey passion, he had the attention span of a gnat. Thanks for the advice though! :biggrin

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  2. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

Thats a pretty poor argument considering that you can exclude ads form certain URLs showing. Besides the amount of traffic this site gets it should be a Adsense Premium Publisher where you have more control of the keywords used and even fix them to you own list. Pot calling the kettle black comes to mind

Yeah i know but people still read the forums and you never know [spooky voice] "he may be watching you" :D

anyway i want the $72,000,000 :)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
    Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Sometimes it goes very WRONG...

:biggrin

4. supernova

lol cool

5. carldman123

carldman123 New Member

dear all advent computer tecks , i'm studying with advent and got this e mail from them today and can't friging belive it . money down the drain . and they still are advertising for places , what a psssssss take

Flag this messageAnnouncementWednesday, 27 January, 2010 17:00From: "Advent Training" <[email protected]>Add sender to ContactsTo: carl62 at rocketmail dot com

Dear Carl

It is with the very greatest regret that I have to write to you to tell you that having tried our very best we have been unable to secure ongoing funding for the company and accordingly as matters currently stand we are unable to continue to provide your training.

Arrangements are being made for an insolvency practitioner to be appointed and I am sure you will be hearing from him. No doubt you will want to discuss the position with him or an adviser.

Yours sincerely

Advent Computer Training

feel free to punch somthin , it worked for me .

6. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Carl remove your email from the post unless you want friendly Nigerians to offer you $1 million dollars ! :D

Should have punched the Advent salesperson the moment you met him !

7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I was about to say that advents teaching is so good that they didn't even teach the basics of not advertising yourself on the intenert.

goddamit you don't even need anyone teach you this it's in the new nearly everyday about someone getting something bad happen to them because someone got a hold of their email addy usually it's kids though.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. supernova

Kick a man whilst he's down why don't you

9. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

sorry just I thought it needed saying.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  10. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

There's another thread for this.

Let's try and keep it together...

:(

11. EZE Training Instr

EZE Training Instr Bit Poster

Hi All,

I sympathise with the guys, and gals that have taken out any training with Advent and now lost out to their inability to produce what they promised.

I agree 100% with the comments in several of the forums. Parting with £5000+ for a course over a long period of time is naive and should always be done with caution (however I know what they are like especially pressure selling). Many people have now lost out, once again, giving TP's a poor name.

I was once given the opportunity to get into IT and embraced it with both hands. I cannot and will not see people who have had their hard earned cash taken from them with nothing to show at the end it. Therefore I propose to run a FREE, yes, FREE M6292 course (Installing and Configuring Windows 7 Client) over the weekend of 13/14 Feb for those who have lost out during because of an incompetent TP.

There are some buts:

Must be able to get to Lichfield in Staffordshire
    Be prepared to work early until late (9am to around 6.30pm)
    Have a sense of humour
    First come first served (9 places max (we dont cram students in!))

All courseware included (costing EZE Training some £89 per delegate!!!)

To secure a place email [email protected]

See not all TP's are bad.

Gareth Jones
    Chief Instructor

Certifications: MCT, MCITP, MCTS, VCI, VCP, CCNA, CCNP