Advent Training in London

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by NAK, Jun 6, 2009.

1. NAK

NAK New Member

Hi Guys
    I need help with this training at advent in London. I have been looking on the internet to see which Certification I can do. I have MCSE and when I went to advent I was told I should pay £4950 just for Comptia+, MCDST & CCNA as I have already CCNA. But for those who want to do the whole Networking programme, they must pay £5500. I thought the difference in the price is not making sense. I am meeting their advisor on monday I need advice. Should this training cost that much of money? also I have been asked to get CDL from Barclay. is this viable or not?

They(advent) also told me they would find me a job so that as I am training I will be able to implement what Iam learning? Do they find good jobs? is it always that they will find you a job?
    I already have MCSE. I need to train for Comptia+, MCDST & CCNA.

Please help me before I make this big decision?

NAK

2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Um... lemme get this straight. you already hold an MCSE and they are advising you do CompTIA certs and MCDST... these are *entry level* certs.. good grief... STOP!! Hold on to your money. Dont get a loan, whatever you do. Think again. There is some dodgy advice being handed out there :dry

They are offering you a job.. hmmm.. *sound of alarm bells* ding ding.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

What he said ^

If you have the MCSE why in the hell do you need training for the MCDST and compTIA certs?

That is not logical Jim

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

More importantly, if you already hold the MCSE... how in the name of all that is good and holy in this world do you not already KNOW the other certs mentioned are at a much lower level than this? Fee fi fo fum, I smell the blood of a braindumper

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  5. NAK

NAK New Member

Thanks for advice guys I really appreciate it. I will consider doing CCNA (640-802) to enable me be Networking Officer but do it on my own and just walk into one the prometric places and write the exam. Would this be a good idea?

NAK.

6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Sorry, must be a bit slow at the moment. But you've stated that you already have the CCNA as well as the MCSE. Why do you want to do the same thing again?

Can I assume that you already have a higher end IT experience?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security