Adobe Creative suite CS3 or CS4

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by tobo, Dec 12, 2008.

1. tobo

tobo Bit Poster

Hi

I am only on the first section of the CIW Web Design Managers course. As part of the package I am on through Skills train I should recive a load of relivant Adobe software ie flash dreamweaver photoshop etc now on my paperwork it says CS3 but since CS4 has just been released does any one who has already recieved the software, perhaps recently, got CS3 or CS4? by the time I get my software from them CS3 will be old and everyone will probably be looking out for CS5!!!

Many Thanks.:D

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi, if part of the agreement between the company and yourself states that you'll get the software and you haven't received it yet, then I would contact the company straight away.

However in the mean time, I believe that you can download a trial of the software from Adobe's site. CIW is like the Comptia but from the web design point of view. And while they (the training provider, not CIW) can recommend certain software and versions, the actually exam should be software or version specific otherwise you might was well be doing the ACA/ACE directly from Adobe (see here).

See here for CIW's FAQ.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. thecatsmother

thecatsmother Byte Poster

At the time I signed up with SkillsTrain all the literature stated Dreamweaver MX, and I had the same worries as you as CS3 had just been released. When it came, it was CS3 (about a month before CS4 was announced), so I think you'll get the version that is current when you get to that stage of the course.

WIP: CIW Website Design Manager
  4. tobo

tobo Bit Poster

Thanks I had thought that it would work that way.:D