Addressing Risks and Opportunities

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Rosanne Eason, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Rosanne Eason

Rosanne Eason Bit Poster

The company that I work with wants to show that we can meet universally recognized specifications, ensuring that our services are of a good quality, safe and reliable. We have undergone series of audits and we finally got our ISO certification. The standard that we are compliant with specifies the monitoring and controlling of risks and opportunities within our system so now we are looking for a tool that will help us with risk management. In order for a business to thrive, it has to identify in some manner what risks it may have and how it can affect the services rendered and we want to do this in an automated way. Anyone who know how we can achieve this?

2. ClaireAgutter

ClaireAgutter New Member

Hi Rosanne, I'm sure there are automated risk management tools but most of the orgs I've worked with have used a spreadsheet and scheduled a regular meeting (say monthly) to review risks. The current spreadsheet I'm using has headings for:

Risk no.
    Date first raised
    Raised by
    Risk and impact description
    Probability score (max 3)
    Impact score (max 3)
    Risk score (probability x impact) - color coded red/amber/green
    Current mitigation plan
    Target probability after mitigation
    Target impact after mitigation
    New risk score
    Owner
    Date of last update
    Status

Even the best tool will require some human input around prioritisation and impact assessment. Kind regards, Claire

3. MSJ Jeni

MSJ Jeni Bit Poster

First and foremost a strong security needs the right risk management tools for your enterprise.