Additional exam topics in most recent release of Comptia Network+ exam?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Alex_xelA, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Alex_xelA

Alex_xelA New Member

Hi all,

Thought I'd combine a introduction with this thread also
    If you're thinking TLDR then skip to the 3rd paragraph following this one :)

Long time member here, minimal posts due to being one of these Advent Doomsday fools and lacking motivation to get my head out my backside
    So... after spending 28 months in an IT Service Desk 1st line support role in a clinical enviroment (IT dept in a hospital) I can confidently say I'm feeling alot more focused with getting myself certified to help my career progression, looking to get into Networking/Infrastrucutre

I even studied entirely for the A+ exam then never got round to taking the tests and after realising how broad the exam is and that I already had my foot in the door in IT with my current job I decided to skip the A+ certification and move straight over to Network+ (for the financial beneifit)
    about half way through the Network+ book atm (Mike Meyers) and feeling good about it so far
    Not sure how I'll get along with memorising all those port numbers though...

My first question, someone I work with told me that a prerequisite for taking the Network+ is to have the A+ certification, I've found no evidence on the Comptia site, other than they recommend doing the A+ prior, can anyone confirm if this is the case (thanks!)

I've been studying with Mike Meyers book from the 2nd most recent Network+ exam, I'm aware I can still take the older exam and get an identical certification (only downside being the exam won't be covering the most recent tech standards) and that will also look identical on my CV to any potential employers

To my next question, does anyone have information regarding exactly what additional topics are covered in the most recent Network+ exam? (think it was released sometime in Feb last year)
    and even better yet any links to free online study material covering these specific topics?
    Seems a bit OTT for me to buy the newest Mike Meyers network+ book for what I'm guessing will include very minimal additional content compared to the entire previous release of his book

Thank you in advance! :)

Certifications: None at present
    WIP: Comptia A+
  2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

CompTIA put the exam objectives on their website, you should find the latest objectives on there aswell as the older objectives so you can do a comparison. I'd recommend using the latest material to better your chances.