Actual Paper Certificates

Discussion in 'A+' started by derkit, Jun 26, 2007.

1. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Well, got up this morning and I big A4 envelope from Chicago was on the doorstep...... a nice A+ certificate :D

What do you guys do with them? Frame them? Laminate them? Smoke them?? At the moment it's just sat on my desk so I can admire the hardware it took to get it :)

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  2. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Do what ever you like with them, even wi... :twisted:

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  3. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

dude, get it colour photo copied, frame that and put it on the wall then the orignal id put somewhere nice and safe :@)

Certifications: A+ Essentails, A+ Technician , MCDST
    WIP: MCSE
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

That's what I do. In the beginning I use to frame and display the original certs, but then they faded over time (sunlight exposure). Now the copies fade and they get replaced when required :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

Marvellous plan see!

Just a side story i once went out with a beauty therapist she completed dozens of courses her boss paid for and her certs were all down the corridors, along with the other therapists. The boss though wouldnt let them have their certs so they couldnt get him to pay for training then go get another job with somebody else, I used to work in the tattoo shop at the back of their saloon, so knowing all the therapist wanted to leave but were tied there when the boss went on holiday the tattooist and i unframed all the certs copied them all and put the copies back up and set the girls home happy now being able to prove the courses they had done lol
    as for the owner, we told him 8 months later we the girls were gone and we relocated the shop lol :biggrin

6. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

I bet the owner was happy :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  7. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

That'll teach them :D:twisted:

8. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Good thought - honestly never thought of that!
    This place could do with brightening up a bit :)

9. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

LOL, got mine yesterday also, must put it in a safe place before my other half does!

(her places are so 'safe' things are often never seen again or found only with the aid of a search party and bloodhounds)

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  10. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Keep them by all means.

Most cert providers offer you the chance to order replacements.

More valuable than the cert is sometimes the transcript (in the case of MS, certainly).

So the piece of paper is less valuable than the knowledge that you have gained to achieve it.

Make sense?

I have a folder with all my certificates in, but in these days of digital manipulation and bogus certificates, I'm never sure what they are worth...

The main thing is - I'm proud of them and that's all I really care about!

:biggrin

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  11. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

As ive seen on here many times.....

quoted for truth!

My wife is exactly the same lol

12. Neil

Neil Byte Poster

I got mine a few days ago. At least they could've printed the cert on a thicker sheet of paper than a regular sheet. Anyways colour copying it is a good idea - thanks for the tip. Afterall, who would wanna pay $15 for a replacement cert or card? I really like the card though!

Certifications: CompTIA A+ & Network+
    WIP: MCSA: 70-270