Activation

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by noelg24, Sep 3, 2004.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Jak this one is for you (again!!)...just has a customer come on and he says his ADSL is not working cos he thought there was a fault on his line...looked at his details and it turns out our friend has just moved house and has requested his ISP move his ADSL details to the new house....what they failed to tell him was that it would take a further 2 weeks to get the line activated at his new premises. also I did mention a reconnection fee but said he would be better asking his ISP about that...this guy didnt sound happy...why cant they ever be more specific to their customers and why oh why do they always blame BT for everything? thats what gets me so mad about these ISPs....not doing their job properly and fobbing their customers off and blaming us...(not intentionally blaming you Jak just ISPs in general)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

This is one of the messiest scenarios we tend to encounter (in "evil-ISP-land"), where EU's think they can just move and the broadband follows (as covered previously in this Forum)

But in terms of actually letting BT know they want to transfer the ADSL, this is where you find the EU is most vague with the accuracies of the truth.

"Yes, I told BT I want to take my ADSL with me" 99% of the time actually translates as "Well, I told them to change my address details on my phone bill"

If done correctly, in most cases, the ADSL can be transferred (timing is key to this tho, to minimise downtime), and I believe the fee is currently around £30, half the standard £60 activation fee. Don't quote me on this tho...

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

not to worry Jak..just wanted a rough idea so I know what to say next time it happens...thanks mate...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life