Problem Acer Aspire 3500 fuzzy screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dicky, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Dicky

Dicky New Member

A friend of mine has asked me to take a look at his laptop, the display is fuzzy but if I press lightly either side of the keyboard then the display goes back to normal.

Any ideas what it could be?

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Sounds like the screen connector plug (between the motherboard and the screen) could well be an issue and the slight pressure on the case is pressing it more firmly onto the screen, you should be able to clip off the screen surround and if required unscrew the screen and try pushing the connecter back into the screen.

Have a look to see if Acer have any online maintenance manuals but generally speaking it's fairly straight forward (caveat here is that you aren't ham fisted and don't pull cables out willy nilly).

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. Dicky

Dicky New Member

Thanks, I'll give that a try.