About Vista and the 70x exams

Discussion in 'A+' started by aestudiar, Jan 25, 2010.

1. aestudiar

aestudiar Byte Poster

I'm preparing to take the A+ exams this year, but my laptop is still running XP Pro (ok, I knew Vista wasn't too much of an upgrade, and then I heard MS would be releasing Windows 7 soon, so I decided to wait and save to get me a nice Alienware laptop later this year :D ). Also, Office 2010 is coming out, so I'll have everything new to investigate.

My question is: how much regarding Vista are we supposed to know? Is it possible to learn those specifics solely by reading (Meyers, etc.) WITHOUT practising with it?

2. aestudiar

aestudiar Byte Poster

Anyone??:cry:

3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Well...

1. Windows 7 is out now.
    2. Office 2010 is earmarked for the 2nd quarter of this year, but you can download the beta of it now.
    3. The A+ is suppose to be venor neutral, however is you do a search in the A+ forums, you will see the experiences of people who have recently sat the A+

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

The A+ exams tend to cover the more widely available Windows client operating systems. At this point, I'd recommend you focus your efforts mostly on XP with a basic level of knowledge of the new features included with Windows Vista. While I always recommend practical experience whenever possible, you can probably get by with theoretical knowledge of Vista features if you've got a lot of experience with other Windows client OSs.