aaaaaannnnndddd.......

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs' started by zebulebu, Jan 5, 2007.

1. fortch

fortch Kilobyte Poster

Just by that definition alone, golf is very much a sport.

Long post deleted for futility. I seem to be doing a lot of that recently. Luckily, nugget grabbed the flag and ran with it :D

Certifications: A+,Net+,Sec+,MCSA:Sec,MCSE:Sec,mASE
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Sorry to be late in on this one, but I loved the quote:

I watched the whole series and remained unbiased throughout.

Really.

[​IMG]

:tongue

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Eh, I never figured racers (Formula, Indy, or NASCAR) to be athletes either. I can see where you're coming from, but I don't picture any of them as athletes.

This discussion regarding golfers/drivers being athletes comes up all the time on ESPN Radio and Fox Sports Radio. Most of them seem to agree with me, though I have no idea if the rest of the worldwide public would - if this forum is any indication, they certainly do NOT agree with me! :D

Basketball guards I see as athletes... they're running and pushing. Now, if you put a timer on a golf course, and made the golfers run from tee to tee, and have them either tackle their opponents or use their clubs as weapons, THEN you've got golfer athletes!!! ;) (Hmm! I think I've got something marketable, here!!!)

No idea what my handicap is. I haven't played enough to even know how to figure it. I'm so bad, I hit a 120-130 on a par 70-something course. 8)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

you know i been thinking about it the whole time in greek... and you got a point mike!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athlete

iz eh greek werd.... αθλητής......meaning person who does endurance.....starting to sound like that guy from My Big Greek Wedding!

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  5. supag33k

supag33k Kilobyte Poster

Well in my humble honest opinion our Australian Footbal League players in the AFL are amongst the best atheletes.

They are have a range of abilities that atheletes in other football codes would be hard pressed to match as basically as most other atheletes from another football code either lacks the speed to keep up with the AFL players or the size to do anything with them when they catch them.

Basically a optimum combination of speed, mass and height, plus the hand and ball skills, with upper body strength and the ability to run flat out for hours if neccessary.

The thing to note is that you see AFL players playing other codes but you dont see players from other ball codes playing in the AFL much. Only the few that are the fittest, largest and fastest atheletes from other ball codes would even come close.

Certifications: MCSE (NT4/2000/2003/Messaging), MCDBA
    WIP: CCNA, MCTS SQL, Exchange & Security stuff
  6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Getting back to the ashes for a moment, this is one of the times when having dual nationality (Oz/Brit) really helps, as I can't lose :biggrin

Me. I prefer the sports you can indulge in with a beer in your hand ie darts, snooker and golf 8)

And you do need to be extremely fit to drive a F1 car flat out. I doubt Michael Jordan or other acknowledged athletes could handle the physical stress.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  7. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I could nuke him in CounterStrike. :p

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!