A year in the cloud.. what to do, where to go?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by James.M, Sep 11, 2012.

1. James.M

James.M New Member

Hi Forum

I currently work within a Microsoft Partner company as a support engineer I have been there just over a year and have built up some good knowledge. I mainly focus on Internal support, Client desktop support and Office 365 support. Main client support is focused highly on Office 365 and this cloud based service and the Administration and troubleshooting of this including some SharePoint, Lync, Office Apps, and the Administration Console.
    My problem is although I am learning a lot from this role and I know I enjoy working with Office 365, I don't really know where to start in way of Certification.

My main load of support comes from this cloud based service and am unsure what to do to get more involved and be able to really start implementing Office 365 and taking over some of the migrations. I could learn Office 365 as a course, but the prerequisites ask for a good base in many other areas including Exchange, Active Directory etc.

Does anyone have any experience in this who can offer me some information in way of direction and paths to take?

Thanks in advance!
    James.M

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Have a look here Microsoft Office Certification for some details about Office 365 Certification.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA