A+ with Computeach

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by jimmycole, Jun 22, 2004.

1. jimmycole

jimmycole New Member

Help!!!
    Made the mistake of signing up with Computeach to the tune of £4,300 for A+ and full MCSE!!!!

No wonder they offer free resits! It's so hard to pass their own 90% pass rate exams that if you do manage it, you will obviously pass the real exam first time.

I am stuck on the last A+ mock exam paper. Does anyone have any tips as I could not face restarting the whole course again. I got 76% on the 3rd attempt. Mock exam for 220-301/302 A+ 100 questions!

Mod EDIT (J): Moved to Training and Development Forum.

2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Hi Jimmy. Welcome to certforums. Sounds like you're joining under some distress. I'm not exactly sure what sort of tips you're looking for. Tips to pass the exam perhaps. I don't have any experience with computeach but I believe there are a number of members who do. I don't know if you can get out of your contract or not but it sounds like there must be an easier (and less expensive) way to get an education. Hang in there.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. jimmycole

jimmycole New Member

Thanks for getting back to me. There's no chance of getting out of the contract, it's been 12 months now, the support is virtually nil. not what I was promised by the salesman! I do not start paying for the loan for another 12 months as it was a career dev loan thru Barclays, which is more frustrating. If they just told me which questions I was failing on, then it would be more constructive.

Never mind, we live & learn.

Jimmy

4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

What material are you studying from?

5. jimmycole

jimmycole New Member

Hi,
    I'm studying from the A+ Complete study Guide, deluxe edition, provided by Computeach. I also used their online software provided by NetG which I kept having problems with. Computeach did nothing to resolve this though. Although the book is quite comprehensive, it does not seem to have the answers to the questions set by Computeach. They tell me what scores I am getting in each set section, but not which questions I am failing. I just wish they would tell me where I am going wrong and where to find the answers to these questions. Simply saying they are in the book is a cop out.

Jimmy

6. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

especially when they aren't in the book.But like you say, and I know myself, they couldn't care less and don't want to know.

But it's your lucky day.Forget them, your at CertForums now, so ask away.

Btw I have Mike Meyer's book, which wait for it,........... I actually enjoy reading.
    Honestly :!: , now that's scary. :twisted:
    Seriously though, it's a sign of a good book, invest in it.Sure it's about 20/30 quid, but compared to how much your 'training provider' if you can call them that, have charged you, it nothing.

7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

I'd have to agree with flex. The Meyers book is tops. Also, Mike Meyers is a very readable author so not only is the book informative, it's fun. BTW, we have a small QOTD in the A+ forum if you'd like to take a stab at it. Let us know if the questions seem too easy (I suspect they may be) and we can try to tighten them up to help you out. Best of all...it's free.

8. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

i have to agree with flex, ive got the Meyer's book, and its WELL worth picking up. its got a LOT of detail, i love it, speaking of, i should slink off to actually read it some more, lol.

Fergal

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present