A suggestion

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by ffreeloader, Feb 10, 2006.

1. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

I have a suggestion for this forum.

What about creating separate sub-forums for each of the main training providers? That would keep all threads related to each training provider in specific areas and make this "popular" subject much easier to research for people with questions on specific "training providers".

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Interesting thought freddy. :hhhmmm

3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

It's an interesting idea.
    The only problem is at the moment is that the forum is divided into certifications. If you divide it by training providers then you would have all the SkillsTrain CIW huddled togehter and not everybody would get the benefit of their experiences.

The forum is after all about certifications, not training providers.
    You also run the risk of putting down a soap box for people to rant from.

See what the staff say...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

I think you mistook my idea. There would still be a main forum under the name it is now, but that under that forum there would be individual forums so those researching a specific training provider could read about what others have to say.

As to your thought about platforms for ranting, well, I don't see that the risk is any higher for that than it is right now. If someone has an axe to grind they can grind it in this main forum right now.

Also my idea doesn't prevent general subject sub-forums either. It just categorizes things so information on individual subjects is easier to find and research. As it is now, researching a specific training provider is a lot less intuitive than it would be with individual sub-forums...

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  5. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

I don't think the above is really possible. Companies would freak out if there were many discussions goin on about them from an unapproved source. Good or bad, they may take offence to what is being said, and put CF in a position that would jepordise the community and staff.

Companies have taken offence in the past due to what is being said in the main forums, and having a forum/sub forms dedicated to specific companies is asking for it in the neck.

Just my 2p :)

Andy

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Nada
  6. law123

law123 Byte Poster

Good idea

Could there not be some sort of disclaimer to say that it is a opinion of the individual not of cert forums. After all they would probably use the positives for there benefit and also it may help them to see where and when they are making mistakes and be able to correct them and in that way make more money.

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+