A small problem..... advice needed!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Len, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Len

Len Byte Poster

Ok.. for the sake of this thread and people posting "your an idiot" I know i'm an idiot, so don't bother telling me.

Well, I put the bath water on.. went back to my pc desk and chucked on my headphones... well you can guess what happens next, so the house is abit... wet.

Its only appears to be minor damage and there doesnt appear to be anything seriously wrong except the obvious.. wet problem which is now drying up quite nicely.

Our lights are out(we have one of them boxes that automatically cuts the supply off if something like this happens) and i'm just wondering if its still ok to use our plug sockets?(I hope so, for my sake) None of the sockets are wet, or anything its just that thing in my head thats getting to me... Ah, we also have a little cooker problem, it doesn't seem to be turning on, could it be part of the switch thing aswell? our plug socket switches work, just not the cooker switch..

I basically need some advice on how long will it take for the lights to work again and are my sockets still ok to use?.. the switch on our box is flipped off, if we flip it to check in a couple of days that the lights are ok will it be safe?

:(

Certifications: BND IT Practitioners
    WIP: Comptia A+
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Fill it up more and charge people admission to the pool. :thumbleft

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

I you're insured and covered with accidental damage, then give them a call.

If not for the sake of safety get the lot checked out by a qualified electrician. Always better safe than sorry.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

yeah this..

there could be trapped water somewhere, you really need to get somone in that knows what to look for.. water and electricity do not mix well.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)