A quick 'Hello' from me.. (First steps on the road to CCNA…)

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by MJN, Apr 8, 2008.

1. MJN

MJN Bit Poster

Hi everyone,

I've been trawling these forums for a couple of months now and have yet to post anything so thought I should at least pop my head in to say hello and introduce myself!

As a means to broaden and deepen my skills, for personal development and potential future career opportunities, I recently took up my employer's offer of some CCNA training. I have just completed an ICND1 course and from doing some sample questions/papers I'm feeling pretty confident about how things are progressing.

I have lots of theoretical networking knowledge, and plenty of general hands-on computing experience, but my weakness is unsurprisingly in the hands-on Cisco environment and so I am currently awaiting delivery of some lab equipment (can't wait!) although also on order is some new aquarium equipment and a new alarm to fit to my girlfriend's car so it's going to be a busy week! It's like Christmas all over again! :biggrin

So, that's my quick introduction. A quick thanks to you all for your posts - I've had loads of questions but the archives have done a good job at answering them hence the silence until now. I'm sure there'll be more to come though, not least once the gear arrives!

Cheers,

Mathew

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Relaxing...
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

And congrats on realizing that searching such things as archives is a very necessary part of research! :biggrin

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums
    ...and like Harry said, it's good to use the search option, it's amazing how much has already been covered. I was starting to wonder if anyone ever uses the search option :blink

5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?