A+ Question

Discussion in 'A+' started by Joecoral, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Joecoral

Joecoral Bit Poster

I bought both the Myers book and PC Technician Streetsmarts books (2006 ed versions) a good few months ago with the intention of studying for my A+, however for one reason or another I never really got round to doing it.
    Now a few things have changed in my life I once again am planning to start studying for a few qualification. However, with the new 2009 exams out or out soon, would I be wasting my time studying from the 2006 books only to find that by the time I am ready for the exam only the 2009 books are available?
    Would it be possible to pass a 2009 exam from only using the 2006 books?
    Or do I need to buy the 2009 books considering it will probably take me quite a while to get to the stage where I am confident enough to take the exam?
    Apologies for the long winded post, thanks in advance for any advice offered.
    Joe =)

Certifications: BSc (Hons)
    WIP: A+, N+, MCDST
  2. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

I'd continue with the 2006 for the time being. There's over 4 months, perhaps even longer, before the 2006 exam retires and the time to make the decision to stick or twist would be a couple of months before the retiral date.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I'd recommend continuing with the 2006 exams.

I wouldn't recommend trying it. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Joecoral

Joecoral Bit Poster

Ok, I'll stick to 2006 for now then. Thanks folks

Certifications: BSc (Hons)
    WIP: A+, N+, MCDST
  5. slipned

slipned Bit Poster

Im going to be starting my a+ soon as well, from the research Ive done I'm going to start with the 2009, it also depends on what resources your going to use to gain the qualification. I'm personally going to use learnkeys products where Mike is teaching you. This product will be available in December, whereas his 7th edition of his book is due to be released in feb 2010.

hope this helps

Slip8)