A problem with functions in Python

Discussion in 'Scripting & Programming' started by tripwire45, Mar 11, 2008.

1. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Ummmm..... Why don't you show me exactly where I said what you're arguing against right here? Methinks you need to read what I've said again.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  2. Mathematix

Mathematix Megabyte Poster

Methinks you need more experience and understand what I said.

Certifications: BSc(Hons) Comp Sci, BCS Award of Merit
    WIP: Not doing certs. Computer geek.
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Wow. If one little question about my "homework" assignment spawned this much discussion, imagine what my next question will do... :wink:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Mathematix

WWIII maybe? :aaah

5. ffreeloader

Ummm.... This is the first time I've heard this particular argument. That my inexperience in programming affects your reading comprehension is something that's going to have to be explained to me. That's news to me. It's a first. It's also a straw man argument.

Once again, I ask you to point out exactly where I said what you're saying I did. That has nothing to do with me understanding you or my lack of experience in programming. In fact, according to your statements about your programming skills, with all your experience programming it ought to be very easy for you.

Even though it's a reasonable request something tells me you'll refuse to do so once again, so I won't be too surprised when it doesn't happen.

6. Mathematix

ffreeloader, you have issues. No-one else appears to have a problem with my comments. If someone else asks for the same then I'll answer, otherwise I'll assume that you have an inability to comprehend what I'm saying or am simply pressing for an argument. I don't see how I haven't already appropriately replied to anything that you've said. If you can't be reasonable, kindly leave me alone.

7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

This conversation is interesting up to a point (even though it goes well beyond the original question). In a sense, I felt "honored" that my humble query could have inspired such an expanded transaction. All that said, if this has become about "personalities", then it's over.

Time to move on, folks. Nothing more to see here (and I *really* don't want to have to lock my own thread...).

8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I once saw a Python in a zoo. He seemed to be functioning properly.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

You probably know that the language was named after this: :tongue
    [​IMG]

10. Mathematix

Agreed. As far as I can see I've exhausted my contribution to this thread as it stands.

11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Actually, I didn't know that. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  12. ffreeloader

I asked you several times to point out where I made the statements you're saying I made. I never said what you are saying I said.

That's the point of asking you to show me where I said what you think I said. How that's unreasonable is beyond me. All it was asking for was for you to reread what I said and point out to me where you got the idea you were debating because you clearly have a misunderstanding of my position.