A+ practice exams

Discussion in 'A+' started by Becki, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Becki

Becki Byte Poster

Hey all i have got some really good practice exams, can i post up here who they are from or not?

just thort i'd check before posting!

Thanks Becki x

Certifications: NVQ IC3 A+ Network+ MCDST MCITP MCTS Vista & 7
  2. ibrator

ibrator New Member

Hi Becki

Just out of interest are they transcender or similar ones ?
    I'm studying through the IT techinicians part of the comp tia+
    at the moment. It's pretty straight forward but learning
    millions of errors is a bit boring.

I assume that you've got the comp tia+ certification now and hence
    you're sharing the info.

I don't think we re allowed to provided links to other sites in the forums.

I would love to check out the exams myself could forward the links
    to my private email address ?

Thanks

-ibrator ([email protected])

3. Becki

Becki Byte Poster

Actually i am still studying for my 601 exam, and my trainer has given me these exams to practice with, one person from my academy paid £20 per exam and my trainer found them for free on a newsgroup

4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

if you use this link Becki http://www.certguard.com/search.asp and put in the name of the exam there, if it says its safe then you can post them here if its says its a braindump or ilegal then you can't.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Becki

Becki Byte Poster

Well thanks for the site, but yeah unfortunately the practice exams are braindumps, as i know from experience that the real exam has about 75% of questions out of the practice exam

6. greenbrucelee

normally free exams or even cheap exams are braindumps, the only free ones I know are at proprofs and they include some questions relating to the 2003 objectives. The were written by brotherbill who is a member here.

Your trainer should know better.

7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Do you mean you want to post actual questions and answers from practice exams here? I don't think that's wise if its copywrited material. It would be like scanning chapters from a book into your PC and posting them on the web without the publisher's permission. That has all sorts of legal and ethical implications and could potentially get the CF site owner sued.

If I've misunderstood your question or intent, please let me know. Thanks.

-Trip

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  8. greenbrucelee

She wanted to post the name of the exam provider (initially I think she was worried about copy right etc) thats why I told her to use the certgaurd link in case it was a braindump which it was.

9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

So... stay away from those braindumps. Using them is cheating, and can get you decertified. Better safe than sorry, especially where your career is concerned, right?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. Becki

Becki Byte Poster

well as ive taken 601 3 times, ive been using them to look up questions i have been unsure of in the real exam, which i didnt have a clue on, look them up on the web and learn why the answer the way it is

11. greenbrucelee

Researching the way things are is a good thing :)

12. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

It doesn't matter how you're using them... using them *at all* is cheating and can get you decertified for life. Studying braindumps, even if you're using them to research, is studying to the exact questions on the exam. It's no different than stealing a copy of a professor's final exam from his or her desk and studying to exactly those questions.

The point of the A+ exam isn't to just pass the exam... it's to make you a better tech. And studying to the exact questions will limit your knowledge to just those questions. If you want to study the right way, get Meyers' A+ All-in-One Exam Guide Sixth Edition and study everything... not just the questions you'll get on the exam. Additionally, I'd highly recommend that you get Pyles' PC Technician Street Smarts and do ALL of the labs. You'll learn by DOING... not by studying a bunch of cheat sheets.

There is no justification for using braindumps, period. They're not tolerated by CompTIA, and they're not tolerated on this forum.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!