A+ OS Scheduled for June 2nd.

Discussion in 'A+' started by FutureGSWDad, May 23, 2006.

1. FutureGSWDad

FutureGSWDad New Member

Hi guys and gals,

I'm gonna take my A+ OS a week from Friday to complete my A+ certification. I've been drilling the Transcenders really hard of late to try and prepare. Any other advice on how to prepare fully? What scores should I be getting on the Transcenders to feel confident. I have the Thompson Course Technology A+ Guide to Software that I'm working through and I feel pretty confident.

Next up, if everything goes as planned, will be Network +. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Certifications: A+ Hardware
    WIP: A+ Software, Network+, Security+,
  2. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

The only feedback I can give is good luck :thumbleft

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  3. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

Download the OS objectives from CompTIA and go through them,ALL of them.

Be sure you have knowledge of everything listed on the objectives and don't put anything aside as being 'unlikely' or 'too obscure' as a possibile test subject.

You should be aiming for the 800+ mark (about 90%) on Transcenders practice software and my advice is to take the RANDOM test frequently.If you take the preset tests over and over you will simply learn the questions,not the answers and that's something you need to be wary of.

Feel free to ask if you have any other q's and best of luck with your OS exam. 8)

Certifications: A+ Network+
  4. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

i think mal covered it all so just good luck from me! :biggrin

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  5. phoenix510

phoenix510 Byte Poster

yeah good luck mate and like already said vary your questions and if ya search around the forum there will be links to great sites with some free questions that are geared towards A+.

Certifications: ECDL, MOS WORD & Excel, MCDST
    WIP: A+ & 70-270
  6. Lord Deckard

Lord Deckard Byte Poster

Echoing all the good advice already presented, I can offer but one extra tip; Read the questions very carefully and remember to answer them in a manner that satisfies what you are being tested on. Some very misleading and badly worded questions in these exams but so long as you understand how the answers relate back to the objectives, you should have no problems picking out the right answers.
    I hope this makes sense LOL!!

Lord Deckard

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: N+ and CCNA
  7. FutureGSWDad

FutureGSWDad New Member

Thanks all for the insight! :biggrin

Certifications: A+ Hardware
    WIP: A+ Software, Network+, Security+,