A+ OS Exam PASSED!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'A+' started by hodge, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Hmm, if i didnt know better, i would think your counting:)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  2. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Ouch!:eek: tooshay Mick:biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  3. Feellex

Feellex Bit Poster

Many Congratulations and well done! Please can you pass on any hints for someone like me who is just starting down the certification route and doesn't really know where to start. I want to formulate a timetable and set realistic goals and deadlines so any advice would be very gratefully appreciated. Thank you.

Certifications: None....yet!
    WIP: Still planning
  4. hodge

hodge Bit Poster

Hi Feellex,

I'm still pretty new to this myself! I decided to go with Advent training to persue my new career, simply because they are based near to where I live, the cert path seemed very good, and they provide hands on 'workshop' days. I have started with A+, then onto Microsoft stuff. There are many different training companies around, or you could pick up the books and study yourself which will be cheaper.

It took me just over 6 months to do the two exams, but there's no point rushing through everything just to keep up with Mr. Smith down the road. I found I was only able to make realistic deadlines after studying for a while and seeing how well I picked up the new things I was learning. Everyone is different so don't feel pressured, you'll have enough going on without that!!

I think that the A+ is a brilliant place to start because I have learned so much from doing the course, and whichever route you decide to take on later, it will help massively because it will give you a good base knowledge in a lot of things!! :)

If you want to know any more, just shout!! :biggrin

Certifications: CompTia A+
    WIP: MCDST
  5. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

I started reading Mike Myers in July 06 I think. With changing jobs and moving house (about 70 miles and moving in with my partner for the first time) all within a week of each other - life gets in the way sometimes of any timetable you set.

OS exam tomorrow, and my girlfriend has been good enough to leave me alone for the past 10/14 days so I could just revise etc. (no housework, dinner cooked for me, washing done :D ) Will miss the not-doing-housework if I'm successful tomorrow!

I'm obviously aiming for the complete A+ by the end of June, but have my heart set on nailing it by the end of May - depends what work/life throws at me in the meanwhile - my point - timetables and deadlines are good, don't be too strict with them and don't be disappointed if you miss them by months

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  6. Feellex

Feellex Bit Poster

Cool! Thanks.

Certifications: None....yet!
    WIP: Still planning