A+, N+, & MSCE

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by greenbrucelee, Jun 17, 2007.

1. harpistic

harpistic Byte Poster

I know this is an old thread, and I'm new on here so I don't know what happened after this, but I wanted to ask GBL how you got on in terms of timeframes with this plan?

I ask as I'm on the same kind of schedule - I've got a 4ish-month secondment starting sometime soon, and I don't really want to stay too long after it's done, so I want to get through as many certifications as I can in the meantime.

I've been fluffing my way through systems/networking for the last 3 1/2 years, so I want to do the A+/N+/MCSE to certify me in that area and fill in the gaps; and as I'm a database person at heart, I want to do the SQL Server MCTS and MCITP (both) for the same reasons (though the secondment is for web development. Don't ask).

I guess I'd like to know how far you've gotten, and what of the list above is achievable in 4-5 months (yeah, I've read enough threads to know the answer is up there with a piece of string! :rolleyes:) - curious for feedback!

Certifications: Pet Geekery
    WIP: cure for insomnia
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Because I was in a large amount of debt this has been impossible, my debts will be paid quite soon and I still have the A+ to take. I definatley wont be doing the MCSE before getting relevant experience as it will be usefull to me as I have no real world experience.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. harpistic

harpistic Byte Poster

Thanks for the speedy response!! - I'm so sorry to hear it hasn't worked out to plan for you (there was me hoping you'd managed to do the lot by now! :()

4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

nah no chance if I hadn't had the debts I amy have been on the N+ by now maybe even have finished it but as I have learned the MCSE isn't for people without experience so I would have been screwed if I had done that.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. harpistic

harpistic Byte Poster

I've got experience in *parts* of the MCSE, so I'm not too sure how that will work out...

Guess it's up to me to try and set the world land speed record in certifications! :blink