A+ Lab Partner (Then MCDST)

Discussion in 'A+' started by paulwatson5, May 10, 2010.

1. paulwatson5

paulwatson5 Byte Poster

Hello all, im upto chapter 6 in the all in one book (Latest edition) and im starting to skim read so i think it would be great if i could have someone to chat to on MSN about the course and bounce ideas to and from each other etc.

I'm looking to revise now and book the exam in the next few months and after that im doing the MCDST as i need these certs to get into a new job.

I just took the A+ test exam which was on the cd and for the first exam i got 74% which was a fail as you need 80% but i had only read 7 chapters.

I have been working with computers for years but i dont know much about networking as this was the area i really struggled in.

If anyone wants to join me in studying, let me know and pm me your msn address.

Cheers

Certifications: CompTIA A+ (220-701 & 220-702)
    WIP: CompTIA Network +
  2. Slipmatt

Slipmatt Bit Poster

Never tried this before and need some motivation to get back into self study. Thus I would be interested. I'll send you a PM.

Certifications: None
    WIP: CompTIA A+
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

If your struggling with networking why not do network + before the MCDST? it will actuall help you for MCDST anyway, especially in the networking topics i.e using static and dynamic addresses.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?