A+ JOB

Discussion in 'A+' started by amir_baty, Sep 13, 2008.

1. amir_baty

amir_baty New Member

I have certified in A+ few months ago and I am looking for finding a job but all companies ask for experiance.:blink
    how can I apply for training jobs to get experience or even voluntary job, where? how? and which websites do you advise?:rolleyes:
    cheers

Certifications: A+
    WIP: A+ (601-602-...)
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on achieving the A+. To be fair, what kind of jobs are you applying for? If they are asking for experience and you have none, then you're not applying for the entry level IT jobs. Apart from that just do a search on this forum for volunteering, there are already quite a few posts/threads on it. I've put 3 links here for you to start off with:

Link 1, Link 2, Link 3

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you use similar grammar and bad spelling on an application form or a CV then they may not be very well received.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  4. del_port

del_port Byte Poster

i view experience as being able to repair pcs at home or at work.
    Not necessarily on a 9 to 5 basis working for a company,some people would say experience is only working experience under working conditions,if i take 10 hours to repair a pc at home i still count that as experience,because i learn during the 10 hours where i could have speeded up,what i could have avoided and so on,so in my case i began pc repair 9 years ago repairing pcs at home,i've repaired 99% of all pcs i've been asked to repair,the number of pcs repaired is under 50.

So that is my view on experience,i don't know if an employer would view things the same way as i am.

Having lived in edinburgh i know there is a shortage of people able to repair pcs.You'll get work simply by being self employed in the city.Just put a few cards in windows.

Certifications: A+ and MCDST 70-271
    WIP: mcdst 272
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I agree with this, but if English is his second language, this may represent his best effort. amir_baty, if you suspect your CV may not be written as well as it could, you might want to have someone whose native language is English have a look at your CV and suggest improvements. Nothing against you, mate but it will help.

-Trip

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. Evilwheato

Evilwheato Kilobyte Poster

I agree with the guys here ;)
    I've been saying experience is just fixing PC's in my spare time, keeping up to date with technology and reading articles. It's better than saying nothing at all. I think most entry level postitions will want to see someone who is enthusastic about learning as well.

7. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Actually there are plenty of places that will repair a PC or a laptop in Edinburgh. Its very competitive in Edinburgh to get IT work but it can be done.

For the OP I would suggest applying for a helpdesk job as there are plenty around and many require some sort of IT qualification but no commercial experience. Best of luck! :thumbleft

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  8. neutralhills

neutralhills Kilobyte Poster

In my shop I won't hire someone without basic PC repair experience because I can't make money if I have to babysit an employee 100% of the time. Worse, I have to pay you to learn to fix computers? The idea behind my hiring you is that you fix computers, I charge the customer, and I give a percentage of what the customer pays to you in the form of a wage. That's how I make money. Hiring someone who can't fix a computer kind of destroys the value proposition for me.

If you've got experience fixing computers for friends and have done related volunteer work, I'll be happy to give you a chance to demonstrate this in the hands-on portion of the interview. But applying for a job with me when you have only a certification without any related experience is just a waste of both your time and mine.

Certifications: Lots.
    WIP: Upgrading MS certs