a+ IT Technician

Discussion in 'A+' started by Danmurph, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Danmurph

Danmurph Byte Poster

Hi everyone,

I rescently passed my a+ essentials and am hoping to sit my technicians exam by the end of the month, I just wondered what I would be expecting to find in the exam, is it much different from the first, Ive just read the the mike meyers aio book again, and am quite clear on most of it, im gunna purchase the transcender software and then book my exam for the last week in feb, so any tips would be great

Thanks

Danny

Certifications: MCDST, MCP, A+
    WIP: Everything!!
  2. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

I found the IT Technician exam easier then the Essentials, passing with a very comfortable 870/900. The objectives are weighed differently, but the content is much the same so as long as you know your stuff, which you obviously do from passing the Essentials, you'll be fine.

Transcender is a good idea, I used it and thought it was worth every penny. If you do have any weak areas, it'll highlight them so you will know exactly what you need to spend more time studying as the exam gets closer.

In all honesty, if you passed the Essentials with a good score, the IT Technician will be a breeze! :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. Innovate

Innovate New Member

I agree with nXPLOSi, I found the Technician exam to be slightly easier.

I don't think the content differs too much, just a slightly different mindset. I think the 602 exam focuses more on your ability to diagnose and fix a problem as opposed to the essentials exam where you need to fully understand the concepts behind the technology.

You'll breeze through it though! :)

Certifications: A+ (220-601 & 220-602)
    WIP: N+