A+ International Vouchers - gracetechsolutions.com?

Discussion in 'A+' started by John_G, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Rafek

Rafek Kilobyte Poster

you ain't wrong, I just paid the full £194 for the Net+, hopefully getting work to put that on expenses, but while talking to the manager of the pearson Vue test centre he told me they only recieve £5 from that fee...makes you realise how much they make :rolleyes:

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: IPT/IPCC stuff
  2. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

The CompTIA offices must use $100 bills as toilet roll...

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. John_G

John_G Bit Poster

£4??? LOL

I guess you don't know the UK price is excluding VAT then? :twisted:

220-602 CompTIA A+ 220-602 Exam (IT Technician designation pathway)
    London, United Kingdom GBP 111.00
    Exam Total GBP 111.00
    VAT GBP 19.43
    Total Due GBP 130.43

Certifications: A+
  4. BrotherBill

BrotherBill Byte Poster

A savings of 23.43. Well worth the effort. Great find John.

5. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

It works if you are yet to be a member of (assuming here) Comptia (I'm assuming membership is simply passing 1 exam)
    eg. Net+
    From Vue: Non-member £164 exc VAT => £192 inc VAT
    From Vue: member £132 exc VAT => £155.10 inc VAT
    From Grachtech: £156

Still good find if you're not a member

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

This is the official response from compTIA

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for your e-mail. The vouchers are not for international use. Just

North America at this time.

Please keep checking with CompTIA for any changes.

Regards,

CompTIA

Skills Development Customer Service Team

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. BrotherBill

BrotherBill Byte Poster

A+ Certification vouchers purchased directly from CompTIA are currently valid only in North America. Apparantly they don't want to offend International merchants by underpricing them.

Thanks again John.

[Mod edit: removed reference to another certification voucher supplier at the request of the poster-Pete]

8. greenbrucelee

I am confuse now, so compTIA don't want to sell you any vouchers (that make them money) in case it upsets someone else who is trying to make money also.

that does not make good business sense or sense to me :blink

9. greenbrucelee

I have just been searching, there are no international vouchers available, also I checked supervoucher.com no international vouchers available either.

As I was told by compTIA months ago and I believe is still the case UK vouchers are retired and international vouchers do not count in the UK unless the site John G has got his off have a deal with compTIA or pearson vue.

10. BrotherBill

BrotherBill Byte Poster

As far as I know, SuperVoucher does not market International CompTIA vouchers at this time, just MS and Certiport.

http://www.supervoucher.com/

[Mod edit: removed reference to another certification voucher supplier at the request of the poster-Pete]

11. greenbrucelee

I have just been on with ******* customer service and they do not have any international vouchers at this time but they may be available in the middle of December, the agent couldn't be certain though something to do with legal technicalities.

[Mod edit: removed reference to another certification voucher supplier at the request of the poster-BrotherBill]

12. BrotherBill

BrotherBill Byte Poster

I sure hope someone can get some use of all this. At least I am managing to get my Voucher Index updated.

Good Luck John. Let us know how you make out.

[Mod edit: removed reference to another certification voucher supplier at the request of BrotherBill-Pete]

13. greenbrucelee

if have a look at the international page you will see there is nothing you can order, I contacted them via the live help and they said they are not available at this time.

compare the usa/canada page to the international page you will see what I mean.

[Mod edit: removed reference to another certification voucher supplier at the request of BrotherBill -Pete]

14. BrotherBill

BrotherBill Byte Poster

I do see what you mean now. Odd, but I guess John got a break going with Grace Tech.

15. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Be advised that the owner of CertGuard MIGHT have some information about them.. the owner might be the owner of a braindump website: Unconfirmed... but troubling, if that's true.

[Mod edit: removed reference to another certification voucher supplier at the request of the BrotherBill -Pete]

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  16. greenbrucelee

Thanks for heads up I know they have bad content such as spamming, it seems dodgy any way when the live agent says 'international may be available in the middle of december, but due to legal technicalities we can't offer any at this time'

Probably says it all really.

Its also funny how only the site that John G has found offers them, I wonder what certgaurd says about them, I will have a look.

17. BrotherBill

BrotherBill Byte Poster

We've been waiting for Robert to confirm something about that. In the meantime, it may be no more than the Starbucks/Iraq escapade going around a while back. If it's proven true, I'll never use them. If it's not, could you imagine what the repercussions might be if someone said that Boson was doing the same. It may not be true, but a lot of damage could be done in a short amount of time before the truth was proven. Let us know if you hear anything.

18. greenbrucelee

certguard say gracetechsolutions.com okay.

19. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If someone said that Boson was doing the same, we could quickly prove otherwise. :)

In any case, I stated that it was unconfirmed, and gave a link to the source of the news.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  20. CertGuard

CertGuard Bit Poster

Sorry for sliding on that. Gimme a couple days and I'll see if I can dig up something solid.