A+ Guide to Managing and Maintaining Your PC seventh edition

Discussion in 'A+' started by snipestech, Jul 22, 2012.

1. snipestech

snipestech New Member

Thoughts on this book ?
    Any opinions?
    I also have the exam cram with windows 7 which I'm going through now.Took a 6 month a + course in 2004 and have been working from home ever since thinking about getting certified finally.

2. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

The course material that you took in 2004 will now be out of date against what the new exam objectives are in the latest exams, the newest of these will be out later this year as the 2012 Objectives. Do you have any other certs?

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  3. snipestech

snipestech New Member

No I do not as I have done so well on my own I don't work for anybody I own my own business but I just want to be certified so I can put it on my business cards and stuff.
    I actually am glad because back then I was scared of those old os's which I knew nothing of I actually have plenty of hands on from Xp to windows 7 also I plan on studying from scratch (as boring as it is )
    my question was actually on the book itself based on 2009 objectives I also have the latest exam cram a+ and Re: A+ Guide to Managing and Maintaining Your PC seventh edition by jean andrews

4. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

It would be good for your customers / clients to see that you are a certified technician also if you are working on their machines.

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  5. snipestech

snipestech New Member

No doubt that is the objective though I do know what I'm doing through years of experience people tend to feel ore secure when the word certified is included