A+ exams booking

Discussion in 'A+' started by Rosie1, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

I chose VMWare because i think its a better interface and you have more options available. And also because i like to have a mess about with linux etc. You cant do that with VPC as it only supports MS stuff, but if all you wanna do is mess around with MS, then VPC will do you fine, its all down to personal preference tho.

As for the 95 thing, its hard to say. When i sat my OS exam i had loads of questions on 95 and NT, but other people on here never had any, it just depends on the day on what you will be asked, it cant harm to know it tho just in case.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  2. Rosie1

Rosie1 Byte Poster

Hi,

Thx for the advice. See your point about '95. Thx also for the pointer to the virtual area. I'll take a look.

Had a quick peek on ebay for 2000. Few auctions ending during the week. There is one to 'buy now', but not in a position to spend £60 so I'll see how the others go.

Very kind. Thank you.

Rgds

Rosie

Certifications: A+, CIW foundation
    WIP: CIW Site Designer
  3. shaggy

shaggy Byte Poster

can you not get evaluation copies of the OS's from MS for free?

Certifications: BND ICT Systems Support and Networking
    WIP: A+
  4. Rosie1

Rosie1 Byte Poster

Hi,

Thx for the response. Is that possible?

Rgds

Rosie

5. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

I dont think it is TBH. Whats the point of giving you software to evaluate, if they dont make/support it anymore:)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  6. Rosie1

Rosie1 Byte Poster

Hi,

Took a look at the MS trial sw and, as far as I can see, nothing there I'm looking for, so, yes, you're right. I'll have to monitor ebay and see what's doing, albeit time's running out. Either way, it's good to know about the virtual disks as I wouldn't mind taking a look at Linux in the future.

Rgds

Rosie

7. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Rosie

I also am studying the OS 2003 Objectives, got my exam soon and yes I use the passport book. I think your right it's concise and to the point. It's excellent for keeping on track.

However, I found the Hardware section just seemed to skim the sections and found I had to use the All in one book to get a greater understanding of the hardware.

The Exam Cram are good for getting a feel of how the exam question are asked but the book is too compact and I even found a mistake on one of the flash cards.

Personally stick to the passport book, practice on the computer with old OS such as win98 W2k and WinXP and Win NT to get feel for short cut keys and how to access administrative tools or device manager. Make sure you understand what the command line is and what a GUI is. I am sure you will be fine.

One software that I found really helps and is very cheap but similiar to Transcender is

VNP exam prep

for $24 you get both exams loads of question and it gives a summary at the end of your weak areas and how many question you got right how many you got wrong and a study guide.:biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  8. Rosie1

Rosie1 Byte Poster

Hi,

Brilliant. Big thank you for the tips. I'll stick with Passport, as you say, and refer to the All-in-One for detail whilst going through the objectives. I've downloaded the demo for VNP and will give it a go. Sounds good. Do you think it's better than the discs that come with the MM books?

Good luck with your exams.

Rgds

Rosie

9. Rosie1

Rosie1 Byte Poster

Hi,

Just given the VNP software a go. Very helpful, and good price, especially with the £/$ exchange rate.

Thx for the tip.

Rgds

Rosie

10. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Your Welcome Rosie

11. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Yes, in my opinion the VNP is better than MM CD because it covers the topic in more depth.

It gives you a graphical result at the end just so you can see your score with the required passed score. The best bit is you can save your results and print the current results out along with the study guide. I have found it an invalueable study tool for finding my weak areas in the subject.:biggrin

12. Rosie1

Rosie1 Byte Poster

Hi,

Downloaded the full version. When it comes to tests, in the main, I'll probably use this and Transcender. Your study route sounds very helpful and I will give this serious thought.

Thx again for all the help.

Rgds

Rosie