A+ exam

Discussion in 'A+' started by Andre, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Andre

Andre Nibble Poster

Does anyone recently took the A+ exam? If so could you please tell me how was it? I'm planing to go for it in next 3 weeks.

Are you allowed to use calculator or sheet of paper?
    How was the question harder then you expected, easier or .... else
    What testing software did you used?

tnx

Certifications: A+
    WIP: 70-270, 70-290, Network+
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

You are allowed to use a calculator but as I recall, you won't need one. You can use all the paper you want...you just have to turn the paper in at the end of the test. Some testing centers use an erasible white board (hand held) instead of paper.

I took the A+ a few years back so I guess my experience isn't all the relevant anymore. Still, can't be *that* different. For the A+, I didn't use any mock test software except what came with the Mike Meyers textbook.

Are you planning on taking both tests the same day or are you taking them on separate days?

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

You can use Windows calculator at any time, and you should be provided with paper on entry.

I found the questions firm but fair.

Used Nitlc's test preps at the time, plus those with the Meyers A+ book, and much reading of A+ Cramsessions.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. Andre

Andre Nibble Poster

Yes I am planing to take them at the same day.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: 70-270, 70-290, Network+
  5. sbarks

sbarks New Member

Hi

I recently completed both exams for A+ (included XP) and we were not allowed to use calculator (not that we needed it) we were given white plastic A4 sheet with a marker pen that when used would run all over sheet making it impossible to read what you had written, but passed both anyway!

steve

6. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Having took the A+ exam when they were adaptive I dont know what the new exams are like, we were told however that if need we could use the windows calculator, however I did'nt need to.

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346