A+ Essentials, out of a 100...

Discussion in 'A+' started by nXPLOSi, Jun 8, 2007.

1. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Right,

I've got A+ 601 tomorrow at 14.00. To say im nervous is a major understatement, havent done a test other then my driving theory in 3 years, and lets say, im not overly confident. (I never am)

I've learnt the material, and yet I seem to come up agaisnt questions that I just dont know the answer to. I'll admit that there are gaps in my knowledge at the moment, which is why im cramming the Memory Pins and OSI model as I post!!

I've been getting 80 on transcender in the week, so felt "ok", and then last night got a 67 (Ouch). I've took note of the weak areas and studies the details and achieved a 87 tonight, where 5 of the incorrect answers are one's I reviewed and changed from right to wrong (I'll stick to 1st instinct from now on).

Long story, but my question is, I've worked out that the exam pass percentage is about 71%. 575 from a possible 800 (ignoring the 100 you get for nothing). I know the marking isnt that clear cut but its a rough guide.

My questions are,

Is Transcender more challenging then the actual exam?
    Is the 71% a valid marker or should the idea just be scrapped?
    Will I get up in time to make it to the test centre? :eek:

Sorry guys, as you can probably tell, im not feeling to good atm! :blink

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

The general consensus of opinion is that the Transcender is *usually* more difficult than the related exam.

Mate.. chill out.. this exam is not going to be as bad as you think!

You will be fine.

Go for it 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Don't let the numbers drive you crazy. Remember...in real life, you are studying all this stuff so you can perform as a PC tech in a day-to-day job. Study well, get a good night's right, and do your best. Good luck.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Neil

Neil Byte Poster

Actually 575 out of a 800 would be best rounded to 72%. My previous experiences with Trancender are crazy. Sometimes you see some weird & freaky questions. I would recommend that you (and anyone else reading this) use the Mike Meyers practice exams. Those are the REAL deal. Straight foward and practical. As for waking up on time.......

Certifications: CompTIA A+ & Network+
    WIP: MCSA: 70-270
  5. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

best of luck, hope it goes well.

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  6. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

Most definatley the Mike Meyers questions, they are THE closest thing to the real deal in my experience. By the way, flunking a Transcender the night before your exam is standard practice, i've done it EVERY time and end up knocking on Mr.Doubty's door for the rest of the evening! Relax, get a clear head, look at the list of objectives from CompTIA and be confident you have knowledge of each of them-not know EVERYTHING about all of them-just knowledge of all of them, you'll pass with flying colours. As for the difficulty level of Transcenders exam preps I'd say it is 50-50, half of the question pool falls into the "I know that , i've read it six million times, it can only be one possible answer" category and the other half falls into the "holy cr@p! I hope I don't see THIS on the exam!!! It could be ANY ONE of those answers....AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!" category. Fear not though, the Transcender question style makes you calculate an answer which is a good thing since knowing why an answer is right is a sign of competence but knowing why an answer is wrong is an indication of expertise..8)

Good luck for today..

Certifications: A+ Network+
  7. Bambino1506

Bambino1506 Megabyte Poster

QFT

stop worrying Paul, you're gonna nail this one so chill and don't let nerves get to you.

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCSA
    WIP: CCA
  8. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Thanks guys, feeling a little better this morning, had alot of cramming to do last night and managed to get it all to stick, just going to go over Memory pins and the Laser print steps and im off! Will report back ( if its good news ) :D

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  9. Bambino1506

Bambino1506 Megabyte Poster

laser printing steps

Californian
    Cows
    Won't
    Dance
    The
    Fandango

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCSA
    WIP: CCA
  10. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

the best one I have read yet!!!!

flashcard of the year:D

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  11. Neil

Neil Byte Poster

If you think that's funny, here's Mike Meyer's version:

Careful
    Computer
    Weenies
    Don’t
    Trade
    Files!

Certifications: CompTIA A+ & Network+
    WIP: MCSA: 70-270