A+ Complete

Discussion in 'A+' started by BBombber, Feb 12, 2009.

1. BBombber

BBombber New Member

now I may sound like a complete fool but how many parts are there to the Comptia A+ certificate.I thought there were only 2 but looking on some of the on-line training sites there appear to be 4.Looking at parts 3 and 4 they seem to cover very similar topics to the first 2 parts.Do you need to take all 4 parts to complete the A+.Sorry if I'm being really dum and missing the obvious.
    Thanks

2. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

2 exams essentials exam and an elective exam.

Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job
  3. BBombber

BBombber New Member

Thanks - makes a bit more sense now.Maybe I should read what I'm looking at a bit more closely.Good start to self study eh!

4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

yes you take the essentials 220-601 which is mandatory then one of the others.

We have had a couple of people on CF who were with training providers and they were required to take all 4 to pass the training providers course not sure why but the training provider probably makes more money that way.

By the way if you want to self study there is no need to join an online course just get the books and do it yourself.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?