A+ Certification Exam Guide

Discussion in 'A+' started by Bandana, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Bandana

Bandana New Member

have an "All In One A+ Certification Exam Guide (5th Edition)" by Michael Meyers. I'm on page 625 and just realized his 6th edition is now on the market.
    Do I absolutely need to purchase & go with the info. in the 6th edition or can I get by with studying the 5th edition I have now?
    Is there any way I could study the 5th edition & pick up the extra by going to some free sites with updated material or taking current exam practice tests?
    Thank you greatly.
    Bandana

2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Just study from your current A+ book until you're confident with all of the material and then fill in the blanks by comparing the exam changes from 5th to 6th (which I very much doubt is huge anyway).

If you need further confirmation then compare the objectives from CompTia's website. Link is here

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA