a+ certificate

Discussion in 'A+' started by steve_p1981, Jun 30, 2011.

1. steve_p1981

steve_p1981 Byte Poster

Got my A+ certificate through the door today :-) i never realised that you get a little plastic credit card version too! i'll be taking that to interviews as it won't get ruined with all the travel. The best thging is that it's free too! should be really after i paid £230 to sit 2 exams that take around a 3rd of the alloted time to complete. Think i'll get the N+ next, once i get an entry level job.

Certifications: A+ 220-701 and 220-702
    WIP: none at current but poss 70-680 soon
  2. Lozler

Lozler Bit Poster

Haha legend. I didn't know you get a credit card version too, sounds cool, will put that in my wallet if i pass mine. Got my first exam tomorrow, the 2nd on monday =O.

Did ya take your test at a perason vue testing center? Bit nervous, don't know what to expect. Like I don't even know if it's done on computer or on paper haha. Are you with a lot of other people? :eek:

3. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

All computer based for the test but you should get a small dry/wipe pen and board if you need to make notes or want to write down something you have memorised etc..

As for other people, it just depends on when you are booked in and how many PC's they have set up for the purpose. You could be solo for the entire time or have a few people in there. You'll have to wait and see.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  4. steve_p1981

steve_p1981 Byte Poster

My first exam was with about 2 other people and the 2nd test was on my own. I book with prometric as it was the closest venue to me. You tun up with your ID and a print out of your appointment and they take you throught and you get on with it. You can do a practice test before you start to get used to the controls. mine was about the solar system. Good luck with your tests and let us know how you get on.

Certifications: A+ 220-701 and 220-702
    WIP: none at current but poss 70-680 soon