A big thanks

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Cockles, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

Just wanted to say a big thanks to the guys that have helped me since I joined this forum. I am now a few weeks into studying at home for the Comptia A+ exam, having gained an old PC to take apart as well as Mike Meyers A+ Certification All-in-one Exam Guide his Guide TO PC Hardware (which handily enough, I work for the publishers of them so got them free) I have worked out that if I am strict with studying, I can hopefully aim to go for the exam in 4-6 months time. Am also very please at the savings I have made already by not spending 4k+ on a distance learning course

I have no idea where to go job wise once I have this, but I do know I will keep on studying then come back here for advice on careers.

Thanks again

Certifications: None
    WIP: Trying to find my car keys
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Cockles,

It is good to hear of people in exactly the same boat as myself. I googled across CF while studying for A+ with no IT job and have to say it has played a huge part of my certification and job hunting techniques.
    Good luck with the studying, don't forget to post whenever you need to.

Long live CF :iluvcf

Regards

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

It has been a great help. Seriously, 2 months ago, I thought Linux was a character from Peanuts and CISCO was in the charts once. I was looking around at all these qualifications and had no idea which were good, bad, recognised, noddy-jobs etc. Now I at least now that if I get started on the CompTIA qualifications, the rolling effect should be I discover where my interest lies, how to get qualified in it and above all, where I can work using it.

Certifications: None
    WIP: Trying to find my car keys