A+ and N+

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by jazzy jazz, Jun 21, 2009.

1. jazzy jazz

jazzy jazz Bit Poster

I have been working through mike meyers all in one book for a+ and i have got to say i already know most of the material.

How long do you think it will take, before im ready to take the test.

I have set myself a target of 6 weeks before i take the exam
    I am also looking to do the N+ and once again i have set myself a 6 week target.

What do you think ???

How much do the two exams cost i had a look at pearson vue and it says £115 each

W

Certifications: A+, N+, S+, ITIL V3, MCDST
    WIP: 70-682
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

it'l take as long as it takes you.

You can buy discount vouchers from www.gracetechsolutions.com make sure you buy the international vouchers when you get both voucher codes you enter them into the pearsonvue website.

When I took the A+ I use gracetech and the vouchers were £107 each.

If you buy from pearson vue whatever they say will be the price + VAT so thats more like £130 each the gracetech vouchers are priced with No vat to pay

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Use the end of chapter tests and the exam simulations on the CD to gauge whether you're ready.

I can't really comment on the N+, not only because I have no idea how much knowledge you have at the moment, but also because the exam I'm studying for retires at the end of next month and you'll have to do the new one, with a much higher pass mark and different objectives.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  4. Evilwheato

Evilwheato Kilobyte Poster

I found the N+ more difficult than the A+, so I took longer to learn it. However, only you will know if you need to ;)