A+ Advice regarding Nuggets.

Discussion in 'A+' started by Stuka, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Stuka

Stuka Nibble Poster

Hi all,

Firstly, I apologise if this has been posted in the wrong forum.

I've spent the last week preparing for the Comptia A+ Course which I am starting this September.

So far, I've worked through the "hardware" side of the CBT Nuggets. However, whilst I was working through them, I noticed that they cover Legacy technologies like ISA slots, old XT form factors, 2-Base-T, etc etc...

Not one tutorial covers things like USB, Firewire, PCI-E etc...modern technologies which are found "out in the field" in todays workplace.

I fear I may have spent the last week watching and taking notes from out dated CBT Nuggest training videos.

Can anyone put me straight here. Does it sound like I've been watching old videos which will provide no, or very little help when it comes to the exam? I just find it a little weird how this version of the nuggets don't explain Firewire or USB, or even PCI-E, modern technologies.

If I have don't the wrong training videos, can anyone tell me which CBT Nuggets videos I should purchase for a more updated understanding of the A+ course?

Thanks all,
    Jonathan.

Certifications: IT 2:1 Degree, A+, N+, MCDST
    WIP: MCITP