A+ 701 help please

Discussion in 'A+' started by script2009, Feb 18, 2010.

1. script2009

script2009 Bit Poster

Hi all can i ask a question for a friend she wanna find out how do they mark the 701 exam and what the pass mark for it.

2. KaplanIT Developer

KaplanIT Developer Bit Poster

The 701, Essentials passing score is 675 & you get an average of just over 1 minute per question. For a list of Objectives and weighting, visit the CompTIA A+ page, they provide great info & updates on all their certification exams: http://www.comptia.org/certifications/listed/a.aspx

3. script2009

script2009 Bit Poster

is the 701 exam hard to do

4. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Surely that depends on how good you are? either you know it or you don't.

Some people find the Sec + hard, me I was in and out of the test center in 18 minutes (door to door). I got a score of 868 (out of 900) but there are others who need all the time you get for the exam and still fail.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  5. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

This.

I have so far successfully completed both A+ (2006) exams and my N+ without any of the exams taking more than about 15/20 minutes, but thats because its stuff I'm working with directly every day and I studied my ass off before hand. Others may find themselves using all the time and finding the questions difficult.

This may of course not be the fault of a lack of study, CompTIAs questions suffer from a certain amount of ambiguity in places....

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yep, they do, but if you know your stuff, the inadequacies in the questions won't be enough to cause you to fail. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. script2009

script2009 Bit Poster

do anyone thinks those dump sites helps on the A+ exam and do anyone find the dump questions on the exam

8. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

Stay away from the braindumps for a number of reasons!!

from http://www.certguard.com/braindumps.asp

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  9. script2009

script2009 Bit Poster

i know but somone say to me he found the question for the 701 exam and the 702 exam everything on the dump did came on the A+ exam

10. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

First of all, Dumps sites provide the actual answers, if you need to use dumps for the A+ you have no business being in IT.

Second if you are suspected of using dumps to pass the exams you can be stripped of any certs you have, stopped from taking any further certs and can face possible legal action.

Third no body really knows how the exams are marked, we just know what the pass marks are. compTIA don't release this info because it would make idiots just aim for the pass mark and to be able to cheat. Never aim for the pass mark. If your confident and know the objectives you will pass if you don't you will fail.

Employers aren't looking for someone who can pass an exam they are looking for someone who knows the concepts and can do the tasks required of them in the work place.

passing an exam is one thing doing the objectives in the exam for real is another. Like I said above if you need dumps to pass the A+ you have no business in IT and I am sure everyone else on here will agree you have no business being on certforums.

Also a word of warning: if you do use braindumps I am sure I wouldn't be the only one on here to report you to certguard.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  11. script2009

script2009 Bit Poster

i understand but my friend just wanna stick to the dump. The problem is he has one dump with 1000 questions on it lol

12. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Actually, report to Comptia rather than CertGuard.

Not only are you cheating yourself but you're also cheating the people who eventually hire you.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  13. script2009

script2009 Bit Poster

i understand that but i dont know what else to do to him. I have talk and talk he still sticking to the dump. He knows computers very very well but he cant be ask to read read read books.

14. beaumontdvd

beaumontdvd Kilobyte Poster

Well hes never going to learn anything more than what he already knows is he?

And he will know the same amount about computers for the rest of his life :biggrin
    For example my training provider provided me with BD's but I still went and forked out the extra for the books because whats thw point in cheating your way through an exam.

You will never get a decent job from it or learn anything new.

Dave

Certifications: 070-271, 070-272, (MCDST)Level 1,2,3 NVQ
    WIP: 070-270, A+, N+, S+,MCDST 7 Upgrade
  15. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Robert at Certguard can do all that stuff.

Tell your mate the reason why the wages in IT have gone down are because idiots like him, because As SimonD says your cheating the people who hire you.

Where I work there was a guy who got hired and he had used dumps to get his MCSE, he left some backup tapes outside the IT room in a box and they got thrown away by the cleaners. That is basic A+ stuff, he got sacked. But the next person who got hire who did have the MCSE didn't get the wage that was paid to the earlier guy because they lowered it just incase they hired another ******.

Braindumps have caused the wages in IT to drop drastically and have lowered the standards of the industry.

If you can't be arsed to read books and take in information how the hell are you gonna cope with lots of scripts running at the same time and take in any info you need when resolving issues?

Tell your mate not persue a career in IT because he sounds like a total nob

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  16. script2009

script2009 Bit Poster

i have add u on msn beaumontdvd

17. BosonMichael

Okay, fine... but that doesn't mean that you should use those dumps. :rolleyes:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  18. script2009

script2009 Bit Poster

i will never used dump

19. BosonMichael

Tell him that he can be decertified for life if he's caught using dumps.

Further, he hurts himself by passing a certification that he's not ready to hold. If he says that he IS ready, tell him that if he's TRULY ready to hold the certification, he doesn't need the dumps... and if he needs the dumps to pass, then he's NOT ready to hold the certification.

20. beaumontdvd

beaumontdvd Kilobyte Poster

If your mates so clever and doesnt need to study ask him a question thats not in the dumps :twisted: Bet he can't answer it.

Certifications: 070-271, 070-272, (MCDST)Level 1,2,3 NVQ
    WIP: 070-270, A+, N+, S+,MCDST 7 Upgrade